Screen/Society--AMI Showcase--2018 AMI Student Film Awards Screening + Rodger Frey Film Essay Awards
2018 AMI Student Film Awards Screening + Rodger Frey Film Essay Awards
Student Films to be screened (faculty jury's selection from 2017 AMI courses)
1. Maria Carrasco ’18, Coming Sept. Oct. Nov.
2. Julian Couture ’18, Untitled
3. Henrik Cox ’18, (title TBD)
4. Zephyr Farah ’19, Sensory
5. Connor Guest ’17, Rodanthe Surf Shop
6. Holly Holder ’20, Little Red Pocketbook
7. Andrea Kim ’18, Tracing History: Statues in North Carolina
8. Nathan Lewis ’20, #000000-#FFFFFF
9. Filip Mazurek ’18, Prisoner 309C
10. Rhys Morgan ’19, Contact
11. Rhys Morgan ‘19, The Act of Seeing
12. Shivani Purohit ’19, City of Stars
13. Hunter Stark ’18, The Ebbing Stream
14. Edom Tilahun ’19, in between
15. Alta Zhang ’18, Zirma
16. Sunny Zhang ’17, Sans Sunny
Total Running Length: 90 minutes
2018 Rodger Frey Film Essay Awards
1st Prize awarded to:
Rhys Morgan '19, for his essay, "Photographing the Invisible Axe: Sergei Parajanov's (Trans)National Poetics of Cinematic Storytelling."
2nd Prize awarded to:
Gabriel Guedes '19, for his essay, "The Relations Produced by the Cavellian Star in the Films of David Cronenberg and Mark Rappaport."
This award is presented in memory of Rodger Frey, a PhD student at Duke in the Literature Program with a focus on film and new media who unexpectedly passed away on March 10, 2016. Rod's passion for film studies led him to contribute his time and effort to AMI during his time at Duke, and it was an endeavor close to his heart. This award is a testament to Rod's profound faith in the power of education to shape and enhance a young person's life and character, and his belief that everyone should follow their passions, whatever they may be.
Sponsors: The Program in the Arts of the Moving Image (AMI).
Parking Info: https://artscenter.duke.edu/parking/