Students enrolled in AMI classes and AMI independent study projects have access to AMI production equipment. Use of equipment by persons not currently enrolled in AMI classes or for projects that are not part of AMI course work is not permitted.
Students not enrolled in AMI Production courses make check out a wide range of video gear from The Link at Perkins Library.
The AMI equipment cage is located in room A121 of Bay 12 of Smith Warehouse. Students enrolled in AMI classes and AMI independent study projects may check out and return equipment during the cage's regular hours. Checkouts are for 24 - 48 hours.
1. Equipment may only be used by students in AMI courses for course projects.
2. Equipment must be checked out and returned during regular cage hours (Spring 16 hours: M-F 10 am–1 pm)
3. Failure to return equipment on time will result in loss of checkout privileges.
4. Equipment may be checked out for 24-48 hours . Equipment checked out on Thursday is due back on Friday. Equipment checked out on Friday is due Monday.
5. Equipment must be stored in a secure location. Theft due to unsecured handling will be the responsibility of the student.
6. Damage caused by gross neglect will be the student’s responsibility.
7. Please notify cage personnel if you notice any problems with equipment while it’s in your care.
8. Equipment may be used anywhere in the Triangle. Travel outside of the Triangle is prohibited without authorization from AMI instructor.
Production workshops for courses are frequently conducted in the Duke Recording Studios in the basement of the Bryan Center.
Students enrolled in AMI classes have access to the AMI editing facilities in Smith Warehouse Bay 12. These include a 12 station computer lab and individual digital editing project studios with Apple iMacs running Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere CS6, including After Effects and Photoshop. One edit suite contains 16mm bench stations and a 16mm flatbed editor.