Screen/Society--AMI Showcase--2017 AMI Student Film Awards Screening + Rodger Frey Film Essay Award
2017 AMI Student Film Awards Screening + Rodger Frey Film Essay Award
Student Films to be screened (faculty jury's selection from 2016 AMI courses):
1. Salima Al-Ismaili (Grad), [Untitled]
2. Izzi Clark ’17, Autumn (Vivaldi)
3. Justin Du ’19, [Untitled]
4. Aurélia Fava ’17, Quizás
5. Youlim Kim ’19, Snapshots
6. Caitlyn Martinez ’20, Settings
7. Ruth Melka ’17, New Soul
8. Elaine Pak ’17, Ten Thousand Others
9. Joseph Park ’16 (Fall), Brought to Life
10. Colleen Pesci (Grad), 88.1
11. Colleen Pesci (Grad), Lines
12. Kattiesha Plum ’20, Self Doubt
13. Hunter Stark ’18, Looking for Dark
14. Vivian Wang ’19, Surprise Yourself
15. Jennifer Zhou ’18, Conversations with My Mother; Trees and Undergrowth
Total running time: 72 minutes.
This award is presented in memory of Rodger Frey, a PhD student at Duke in the Literature Program with a focus on film and new media who unexpectedly passed away on March 10, 2016. Rod's passion for film studies led him to contribute his time and effort to AMI during his time at Duke, and it was an endeavor close to his heart. This award is a testament to Rod's profound faith in the power of education to shape and enhance a young person's life and character, and his belief that everyone should follow their passions, whatever they may be.
Cost: Free and open to the public.
Sponsors: Program in Arts of the Moving Image (AMI)