The AMI equipment cage is located in room A121 of Bay 12 of Smith Warehouse. Students enrolled in AMI classes and AMI independent study projects may check out gear to use for AMI class projects. Please review our Policies & Procedures for more information.
Fall 2017 semester Cage hours
(Mon Sep 11 - Fri Dec 8, 2017)
Mon - Fri 12 - 3 pm
Checkouts are for 24 - 48 hours. Gear checked out on Thursday must be returned Friday. Gear checked out on Friday is due on Monday.
Production Equipment for Course Work
Students enrolled in AMI classes and AMI independent study projects have access to AMI production equipment for class projects, including:
- Canon DSLRs (7D, 60D, 70D)
- Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Cameras
- Sony A6300 4K DSLRs
- Panasonic DVX-200 4K camera
- Sony FS-5 4K camera
- Canon Vixia G20 HD cameras
- Bolex 16mm film cameras
- Zoom H4N and H5 sound recorders
- Directional and wireless microphones for various applications
- Lighting equipment: hard and soft light kits, fresnels and an HMI
- Grip and camera support equipment including fluid head tripods, a doorway dolly and track, a jib and various camera mounts.
Use of equipment by persons not currently enrolled in AMI classes or for projects that are not part of AMI course work is not permitted.
Students enrolled in AMI classes have access to the editing facilities in Smith Warehouse Bay 12. These include a 15 station computer lab and individual digital editing project studios with Apple iMacs running Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Creative Cloud (including Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop). One edit suite contains 16mm bench stations and a 16mm flatbed editor.
Other Editing Facilities on Campus
- OIT Multimedia Project Studio on West Campus (006 Bostock Library)
- Lilly Library computer lab (116 Lilly Library)
- Old Chem 201