The Arts of the Moving Image Certificate Program fosters a critical understanding of the history, theory and technologies of motion picture and new media arts, while giving students the opportunities, tools and resources they would need to develop a career within the media industries, pursue graduate study in the field or become a media artist.
6 Courses, including:
- At least 1 of the following Gateway Courses
- Introduction to the Arts of the Moving Image (AMI 101)
- Introduction to Film Studies (AMI 201)
- Moving Image Practice (AMI 301)
- At least 1 AMI Studies Course
- AMI courses numbered 201 to 299
- At least 1 AMI Production Course
- AMI courses numbered 301 to 399
- AMI Capstone Course
- Capstone Course in Arts of the Moving Image (AMI 499)
- This course must be taken AFTER at least 1 Production Course is completed
Students may take no more than 3 courses originating in a single department or program, other than those originating in AMI.
Courses taken at other institutions may apply toward the AMI Certificate. For approval, submit the course syllabus to the AMI office along with the transfer credit form.
Students may major in any discipline and sign up for the AMI Certificate. In DukeHub, select the "Long range plan — Major Declaration" link and follow the instructions.