- AMI Visiting Artist and Adjunct Instructor Shambhavi Kaul and poet Rachel Price will be premiering a collaborative installation of text and moving image on Friday, April 19th, in the Hull Avenue Studios at 8 PM. BYOB!
- David Gatten's The Extravagant Shadows will play April 29th at 7:00pm at the Film Society of Lincoln Center. This is the subject of a lengthy profile on Film Comment (more info).
- Congratulations to Steve Milligan, the cinematographer on "The Record Breaker", which just won this year's Full Frame Audience Award for short documentary. "The Record Breaker" also won the jury award at Palm Springs, and is off to the RiverRun and Cleveland International festivals next. The trailer is here for the curious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6DCrKFiyjc
- Congratulations as well to director Brian
McGinn, another of our own (Duke '07 with an AMI certificate, and now a professional director and editor in Los Angeles).
- Jim Haverkamp's short film, When Walt Whitman Was A Little Girl, wins the Best Experimental/Animation Award at the West Virginia Mountaineer Short Film Festival (more info).
- Josh Gibson's Kudzu Vine wins the grand prize in the International Competition at ZagrebDox, the largest international documentary festival in South Eastern Europe. This is the 8th major festival award for the film (more info).
- Josh Gibsons's Nile Perch also won the jury award for Cinematography at the DIY Film Festival (more info).
- Josh Gibson's two films Nile Perch andLight Plate win the Jury Stellar Award for Documentary and Jury Citation Award, respectively, at the 2013 Black Maria Film Festival (more info)
- Adjunct Instructor, Jim Haverkamp, honored with retrospective at 2012 Cucalorus Film Festival (more info)
- Worldview Entertainment to finance and produce Joe, a southern drama starring Nicolas Cage and written by Visiting Lecturer Gary Hawkins (more info)
- Lecturing Fellow and Artist in Residence David Gatten included in Cinema Scope Magazine's list of the 50 best filmmakers under fifty (more info)
- Josh Gibson's Kudzu Vine wins Jury Award for Best Documentary Short Film at 2012 LA Film Festival (more info)